Donating Goods / Gift In Kind
Urgently Needed Items
Depending on the time of year and seasonal activities, SRM has a need for specific items or a larger quantity of other items. Click here for the Mission's current / urgent needs list.
Amazon Wish List
Click here to shop on Amazon for some of our most needed items. Items you purchase through our Amazon Wish List will be shipped to us directly.
Do not accept:
- Non working appliances
- Furniture that is damaged, stained, broken, or pet stained
- Cribs that are not approved by federal guidelines
- Car seats
- Waterbeds (frames or mattresses)
- Auto parts or tires
- Hazardous Materials: Flammable Liquids, Gas Cans, Items with Gas, Oxygen Tanks, Paint, Propane Tanks
- Working appliances
- Vehicles- please ask us about this tax deductible donation!
- Hygiene items
- Baby items (diapers, wipes, lotion, clothing)
- Kitchen items (dishes, glasses, silverware, utensils, pots/pans)
- Bedding (sheets, comforters, pillowcases)
- Clean mattresses/box springs
- Sleeping bags
- Gift cards to local grocery stores, gas cards
- Non-perishable food items
Please visit www.NeighborsAct.com for information on holding a collection drive.
All GIK donations we receive are given FREE OF CHARGE. Everyone in need coming through our doors receive help if we have the resources to give. That's why it is so vital for our neighbors in the community to continue helping with items no longer needed that are still good and useable.
“It's amazing how just a pair of clean socks and dry clothes can mean so much."
- Adam, homeless client living in car
Gift-in-Kind Drop-off Times / Location:
All gift-in-kind items may be dropped off at our donation / receiving warehouse: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday / Saturday from 9:00 am to 11:30 am
Location: 1 W. Las Vegas St., Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Free GIK Donation Pick-Up
For items that are large in quantity or size, SRM has donation trucks and offers a free pick-up service for items you want to donate.
SRM's donation pick-up service runs 5 days per week. For more information or to schedule a pick up today, call our coordinator at: (719) 314-2364. Please call to schedule a pick-up at least 7 days in advance of the desired date to ensure availability in our schedule to pick-up your donation.
Note: We always appreciate your ability to bring donations to SRM. The less money we spend on gas, the more we spend on helping people. Thank you for your support!
A receipt for your items may be obtained in one of two ways:
- If you drop off a donation at SRM, the receiving clerk will provide you with a receipt.
- If you have your donations picked up, the truck driver will provide you with a receipt.
If you have any questions about any of the items you wish to donate, please call our Gift-In-Kind Coordinators: Hillary Magnuson at (719) 314-2379.
Donations Dos and Don'ts (Please):
Do: Test all electrical and battery-operated equipment to make sure it is in working condition.
Do: Include all pieces and/or parts, manuals, if available.
Do: Wash or dry-clean any clothing prior to donation.
Do: Bring an itemized list of your donation and ask for a receipt.
Do Not: Donate broken or soiled items.
Do Not: Leave items outside the SRM building.
Do Not: Donate items that have been recalled, banned or do not meet current safety standards.