Donating Goods / Gift In Kind
Urgently Needed Items
Depending on the time of year and seasonal activities, SRM has a need for specific items or a larger quantity of other items. Click here for the Mission's current / urgent needs list.
Amazon Wish List
Click here to shop on Amazon for some of our most needed items. Items you purchase through our Amazon Wish List will be shipped to us directly.
Items that are ALWAYS needed:
- Vehicles- please ask us about this tax deductible donation!
- Hygiene items (any size bottles of shampoo, soap, lotion, etc.)
- Baby items (diapers, wipes, lotion, clothing)
- Kitchen items (dishes, glasses, silverware, utensils, pots/pans, linens)
- Bedding (sheets, comforters, pillowcases)
- Clean mattresses/box springs
- Sleeping bags
- Gift cards to local grocery stores, gas cards
- Non-perishable food items
- Sleeping bags (preferably zero-rated)
- Gift cards to Wal Mart/local grocery stores/gas cards
- New children's toys
- Children's bicycles and helmets (new and used)
- Men's socks
- Thermal underwear (men's, women's, children's)
Springs Rescue Mission focuses on providing basic living essentials to our neighbors in need. It is for this reason that we DO NOT accept the following items:
- Furniture that is damaged, stained, broken, or pet stained
- Cribs that are not approved by federal guidelines
- Car seats that are not approved by federal guidelines or have been in a car accident
- Waterbeds (frames or mattresses)
- Radio equipment
- Appliances that do not work
- Non-functional computer equipment
- Exercise equipment
- Stuffed animals
- Video games/video game systems
- Chemicals (aerosols, cleaning, automotive, paint)
- Auto parts or tires
Please visit www.NeighborsAct.com for information on holding a collection drive.
All GIK donations we receive are given FREE OF CHARGE. Everyone in need coming through our doors receive help if we have the resources to give. That's why it is so vital for our neighbors in the community to continue helping with items no longer needed that are still good and useable.
“It's amazing how just a pair of clean socks and dry clothes can mean so much."
- Adam, homeless client living in car
Gift-in-Kind Drop-off Times / Location:
All gift-in-kind items may be dropped off at our donation / receiving warehouse: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday / Saturday from 9:00 am to 11:30 am
Location: 1 W. Las Vegas St., Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Free GIK Donation Pick-Up
For items that are large in quantity or size, SRM has donation trucks and offers a free pick-up service for items you want to donate.
SRM's donation pick-up service runs 5 days per week. For more information or to schedule a pick up today, call our coordinator at: (719) 314-2364.
Note: We always appreciate your ability to bring donations to SRM. The less money we spend on gas, the more we spend on helping people. Thank you for your support!
A receipt for your items may be obtained in one of two ways:
- If you drop off a donation at SRM, the receiving clerk will provide you with a receipt.
- If you have your donations picked up, the truck driver will provide you with a receipt.
If you have any questions about any of the items you wish to donate, please call our Gift-In-Kind Coordinators: Hillary Magnuson at (719) 314-2379 OR Katy Hartshorn at (719) 314-2368.
Donations Dos and Don'ts (Please):
Do: Test all electrical and battery-operated equipment to make sure it is in working condition.
Do: Include all pieces and/or parts, manuals, if available.
Do: Wash or dry-clean any clothing prior to donation.
Do: Bring an itemized list of your donation and ask for a receipt.
Do Not: Donate broken or soiled items.
Do Not: Leave items outside the SRM building.
Do Not: Donate items that have been recalled, banned or do not meet current safety standards.